Specialist UK Block Of Flats Insurance

Expert property cover for apartment buildings online from our panel of insurers

What Is Block of Flats Insurance?

Block of flats insurance provides a simple and flexible buildings insurance policy for Residents Associations, Right to Manage (RTM) Company, Freeholders or Block Managing Agents. Typically, the individual flats are subject to long-term lease agreements and each leaseholder will contribute to the block of flats policy arranged by the freeholder as part of their annual management fee. 

As well as the building itself, cover can be extended to provide additional cover such as terrorism, communal contents, legal liabilities and legal expenses.

Block of Flats Insurance – What Do I Need?

The core protection for flat insurance is cover for the building itself. Policies are based on the rebuilding sum insured to reinstate the block to its current condition following an insured loss such as a fire or flood. 

Typically policies are arranged on an “All Risks” basis meaning that cover is provided for any loss which is not specifically excluded. Cover can also be extended to cover legal liabilities such as property owners liability and employers liability as well as “trace and access” and “emergency services access” indemnity.

Compare Block of Flats Insurance Online

As property insurance experts, Insync has selected a panel of the UK’s leading flat insurers. You can compare cover and prices online in a matter of minutes, building a tailored package to meet your specific requirements. 

Alternatively, why not book a free review with one of our property insurance advisors who can assist you in finding the right level of cover at the right price for your budget.

Buildings Cover for Flats – Extended Cover

In addition to buildings insurance, cover will usually extend to cover your legal liabilities as the property owner. This will include property owners’ liability and employers liability where you may employ staff such as a gardener or maintenance worker.

We would also recommend the inclusion of legal expenses cover.

Need specialist
Block Of Flats
Insurance advice?

Speak to one of our Block Of Flats insurance experts, at a time that suits you...

or call us directly on


  • Specialist cover from small flat conversions to large purpose built apartment blocks

  • Single or multiple location policies

  • House-in-multiple occupation (HMO) flat conversions

  • Non-standard construction and unoccupied blocks

  • Blocks under renovation

  • Communal contents and garden cover

  • Cover for solar panels and satellite dishes

  • Lifts and communal boiler cover (Engineers and Inspection cover)

  • Optional Terrorism cover

  • Legal liabilities as a block owner (Property Owners Liability and/or employers’ liability)

  • Legal Expenses options


  • We compare prices and block of flats cover from panel of 5+ leading insurers

  • Instant quotations - cover and policy documents in minutes

  • Flexible cover & monthly payments – just pay for the sections you need

  • Expert advice from property Insurance specialists

  • Personal – Digital servicing AND your own dedicated insurance professional

Flat Insurance Claims Example

A parcel delivery driver trips down the stairs on loose carpet and suffers a broken hip. The driver is off work for 3 months and is seeking compensation and loss of earnings from the residents’ association in excess of £15,000.

How Much Does Block of Flats Insurance Cost?

Each block policy is individually rated by the insurers based on the required rebuilding sum insured, the location of the block (post-code), construction and any claims history. 

Where Managing Agents control multiple properties, insurers may allow a discount from their standard rating. Additional covers such as legal expenses are usually optional and can be included subject to payment of an additional premium.

How Much Should I Insure My Block of Flats For?

The cost of completely rebuilding a block of flats can be considerable, particularly for older properties or conversions which can often be use more complex building methods. 

Whilst existing policies will usually be index-linked to allow for inflationary increases, we would recommend a regular review by way of professional valuation.

Some insurers may provide access to discounting surveying fees, else you should seek the services of a member firm registered to the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)


What to do now...

Insync Insurance Solutions Ltd
9 Albany Park, Cabot Lane
Poole, Dorset BH17 7BX

t. 01200 309516
e. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

© Insync Insurance Solutions Ltd 2020 All rights reserved. Insync Insurance Solutions Ltd is authorised & regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority where our reference number is 766691. Our registered office is Midland House, 2 Poole Road, Bournemouth, Dorset BH2 5QY and we are registered in England under company number 08810662. Should you have cause to complain, and you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you may be able to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service, which can be contacted as follows: The Financial Ombudsman Service Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR | Tel: 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9 123 | www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk | Privacy Notice | Terms Of Business