Specialist UK Hotel & Guesthouse Insurance

We provide expert cover for Hotels & Guesthouses across the UK

Hotel and Guest House Insurance – What Is Covered?

Hotel and guest house insurance packages were developed specifically to address the unique risks of hoteliers in one simple policy. 

From the property itself (buildings cover), to the contents, fixtures and fittings or stock, as well as liability exposures following injury to guests (public liability) or any staff (employers liability), cover can be tailored to individual requirements. 

Other popular extensions include damage to signage or glass, loss of licence, cover for guests belongings and fidelity cover (theft by employees).

Is Guest House or Hotel Insurance Compulsory?

The law dictates that should you employ any staff, be it full or part-time, your are legally required to purchase employers liability insurance. This provides cover for your legal liability against defence and compensation claims following injury or illness to an employee as a result of their employment with your business. 

When you licence your hotel or guest house with the local authority it is also likely that they will request proof of public liability insurance cover, highlighting that guests are also suitably protected should they suffer an injury at your property as a result of your negligence – for example, falling down steps as a result of a loose carpet tile.

Compare Guest House or Hotel Insurance Quotes

At Insync our team of dedicated insurance advisors understand the hotel industry and have access to up to 10 of the UK’s leading insurers enabling them to compare guest house or hotel cover in minutes. No forms, no fuss, just great advice with instant quotations and cover – why complicate things!

Need specialist Hotel & Guesthouse Insurance advice?

Speak to one of our Hotel & Guesthouse insurance experts, at a time that suits you...

or call us directly on

01200 309 516


  • Specialist cover for all types of hotel or guest house including bed and breakfasts, boutique hotels to a country club or franchised chain

  • Single or multiple location

  • Freehold hotels or leasehold businesses

  • Cover with previous claims or history of subsidence

  • Hotel contents (including specialist catering equipment), wet & dry stock and fixtures & fittings

  • Offsite catering, marques, weddings & specialist events

  • Gymnasiums, beauty salons, swimming pools & other leisure facilities

  • Signage & glass

  • Goods in transit

  • Money including cash machines

  • Business Interruption (loss of profit)

  • Legal liabilities as a Hotel owner (Public, Products & Employers Liability Insurance)

  • Legal Expenses cover

Why Insync for Hotel & Guesthouse

  • We compare prices and cover from our panel of leading hotel insurers

  • Instant quotations - cover and policy documents in minutes

  • Flexible cover & monthly payments – just pay for the sections you need

  • Expert advice from liability insurance specialists

  • Personal – Digital servicing AND your own dedicated insurance professional

Guest House Claims Example

A basket fryer caught alight in the kitchen and whilst the chef was trying to put out the flames the fryer tipped onto him causing severe burns. 

The guest house owner received a compensation claim from the employees solicitors for injury and stress brought on by the incident claiming that the fryer was not suitable for commercial use. Total claim estimates currently exceed £20k.

What’s The Difference Between Home Insurance and Guest House Insurance?

A standard home insurance policy is not suitable if you have paying guests. Cover on a household policy will not provide any cover for residents’ injuries or business contents. 

Even if you only plan to operate as an occasional bed and breakfast you should inform your insurers immediately and it is likely they will request that you arrange more specialist cover. 

Failure to inform your insurer could result in claims not being met, putting your largest asset at risk.

How Much Does Guest House Insurance Cost?

Every hotel or guest house presents different insurable risks, as such, each policy is individually tailored to your specific requirements. Key rating factors for insurers include:

• The location of the property (post-code)
• Construction and number of guest bedrooms
• If events such as weddings or conferences are offered
• If the hotel has an alcohol licence
• Sums insured (contents, fixtures and fittings, stock etc.)
• Trading or hotel industry experience and previous claims history
• Sections of cover requested


What to do now...

Insync Insurance Solutions Ltd
9 Albany Park, Cabot Lane
Poole, Dorset BH17 7BX

t. 01200 309516
e. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

© Insync Insurance Solutions Ltd 2020 All rights reserved. Insync Insurance Solutions Ltd is authorised & regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority where our reference number is 766691. Our registered office is Midland House, 2 Poole Road, Bournemouth, Dorset BH2 5QY and we are registered in England under company number 08810662. Should you have cause to complain, and you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you may be able to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service, which can be contacted as follows: The Financial Ombudsman Service Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR | Tel: 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9 123 | www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk | Privacy Notice | Terms Of Business