Specialist UK Commercial Property Insurance

Expert business property cover for commercial landlords

What Is Commercial Property Insurance?

Commercial property insurance is a specialist form of cover for commercial landlords. Tailored policy offer protection for an array of business properties let to commercial tenants from office blocks, retail premises, industrial or factory units.

Commercial Buildings Insurance – What Do I Need?

The core cover provides reinstatement of the building itself following an insured peril such as a fire, theft or flood. 

As well as property cover, policies can be extended to cover legal liabilities as a commercial landlord such as property owners liability or employers liability should you employ the services of maintenance or property management staff. 

Other recommended extensions include loss of rent (following an insured loss), terrorism and legal expenses.

Compare Commercial Property Insurance Online

As a specialist property insurance broker Insync has access to a panel of the UK’s leading commercial property insurers including AXA, Allianz, Ageas, Aviva, LV= and Zurich. You can compare tailored cover online in minutes, either for a single property or multiple risk addresses. 

Alternatively, why not arrange a free review with one of our property insurance advisors who can help you find the right level of cover at the right price.

Commercial Landlords Let Property Extended Covers

In addition to the commercial buildings, you may require cover for any landlords contents, such as in communal, reception areas or provision of meeting rooms as well as any items in gardens or car parks.

Property owners’ liability, terrorism, loss of rent and legal expenses should also be considered.

Need specialist
Commercial Property
Insurance advice?

Speak to one of our Commercial Property insurance experts, at a time that suits you...

or call us directly on

01200 309 516


  • Specialist cover from a single commercial premises to large property portfolios

  • Office blocks, Retail units or parks, industrial units or factory premises

  • Single or multiple tenancy leases inc. serviced offices

  • Non-standard construction and unoccupied properties

  • Property owners contents

  • Loss of rent following a claim

  • Legal liabilities as a commercial landlord (Employers & Property Owners Liability)

  • Employee dishonesty protection

  • Business Interruption (loss of fee income)

  • Legal liabilities up to £25m Indemnity (Public Liability & Employers Liability)

  • Legal Expenses and Terrorism options


  • We compare prices and commercial property insurance cover from panel of 5+ leading insurers

  • Instant quotations - cover and policy documents in minutes

  • Flexible cover & monthly payments – just pay for the sections you need

  • Expert advice from property Insurance specialists

  • 24 Hour Claims Helpline

  • Personal – Digital servicing AND your own dedicated insurance professional

Commercial Property Claims Example

Tenant reported a 10 fold rise in their water bill. On further investigation it was discovered that the underground services to the property had been damaged.

Insurers engaged specialist contractors who needed to replace 30 metres of pipe, digging across the property car park. Total claims costs in excess of £35,000.

How Much Should I Insure My Commercial Property For?

The buildings sum insured for business premises should be based on the reinstatement / rebuilding cost of the property. This will depend on the construction method used, location and access to the property. 

All of these variables can be difficult to calculate and you should seek the services of a professional valuation surveyor, suitably qualified by the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).


What to do now...

Insync Insurance Solutions Ltd
9 Albany Park, Cabot Lane
Poole, Dorset BH17 7BX

t. 01200 309516
e. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

© Insync Insurance Solutions Ltd 2020 All rights reserved. Insync Insurance Solutions Ltd is authorised & regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority where our reference number is 766691. Our registered office is Midland House, 2 Poole Road, Bournemouth, Dorset BH2 5QY and we are registered in England under company number 08810662. Should you have cause to complain, and you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you may be able to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service, which can be contacted as follows: The Financial Ombudsman Service Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR | Tel: 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9 123 | www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk | Privacy Notice | Terms Of Business