Specialist UK Motor Trade Insurance

Tailored cover for road risks and full garage packages

Compare Motor Trade Insurance Quotes

Insync is one of the UK’s leading motor trade insurance brokers. Our UK team of trade cover experts have access to the UK’s leading motor trade policies including AXA, Aviva, Allianz and LV=.

Your dedicated advisor will take the time to understand your specific requirements and compare motor trade quotes, helping you find the right policy at the right price.

What Is Motor Trade Insurance

Motor trade insurance provides cover for all types of motor trade businesses from part-time traders requiring road risk only, to full garage risks (traders combined).

We can offer cover for a wide variety of activities including car valeting, breakdown and recovery, motor mechanics and car traders offering vehicle sale and/or servicing.

What Does Traders Insurance Cover?

At the heart of any trade policy is road risks, providing cover for your own and customers vehicles. Road risks cover can also be extended to provide demonstration cover which allows potential customers to test drive vehicles. If you provide courtesy vehicles or own a recovery truck, these can also be included. 

If you own or operate from rented premises you will also need protection for vehicles at your garage or forecourt for risks such as fire, theft or vandalism (stock of vehicles). In addition, you can cover contents, machinery, vehicle ramps, tools and materials.

Need specialist Motor Trade Insurance advice?

Speak to one of our Motor Trade insurance experts, at a time that suits you...

or call us directly on

01200 309 516


  • Specialist cover from traders insurance specialists

  • Road Risk insurance or full garage risk policies

  • Vehicle Sales, Body shops, Repair & MOT, Car valeting, Exhaust and tyre fitters

  • 24 Hour Claims Service

  • Young Drivers – Motor Trade Insurance from aged 23+

  • Trade Plate Insurance cover

  • Convicted drivers and/or poor claims history

  • Full or part time traders

  • Car or Van no claims discount to road risk conversionSpecialist or High risk trade experts

  • Engineering, Legal Protection & Uninsured Loss Cover

Why Insync for Motor Trade

  • We compare prices and cover from our panel of 5+ leading trade insurers

  • Instant quotations - cover and policy documents in minutes

  • Flexible cover & monthly payments – just pay for the sections you need

  • Expert advice from Trade Insurance specialists

  • Your own dedicated Motor Trade Broker

  • Risk Management advice to keep your costs in check

  • We’re different – “It’s not just business, it’s personal”

I’m Only a Part-time trader – Can You Cover My Other Business?

Absolutely, insurers appreciate that some traders also use their own vehicle for other business purposes. With this in mind you may add additional business use – for example, if you are a carpenter and need cover to drive you van to travel to client sites or suppliers, cover can simply in extended accordingly.

Can I Drive Any Vehicle Under My Trade Policy?

Motor Traders Insurance policies often exclude certain types of vehicle, typically higher group or performance vehicles. A full list of any excluded vehicles will be made available at point of quotation.

What Limit of Cover Do I Need Under My Road Risks

Most road risk policies carry a limit of indemnity (for example £10,000 or £15,000 etc.). This limit is the maximum amount the insurer will pay for an own damage or fire or theft claim – for example you are driving a car valued at £15,000 but cover under your policy is limited to £10,000 and the insurer will only pay up to the limit. 

You should select your limit carefully in line with your specific business requirements and the vehicles you may drive.


What to do now...

Insync Insurance Solutions Ltd
9 Albany Park, Cabot Lane
Poole, Dorset BH17 7BX

t. 01200 309516
e. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

© Insync Insurance Solutions Ltd 2020 All rights reserved. Insync Insurance Solutions Ltd is authorised & regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority where our reference number is 766691. Our registered office is Midland House, 2 Poole Road, Bournemouth, Dorset BH2 5QY and we are registered in England under company number 08810662. Should you have cause to complain, and you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you may be able to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service, which can be contacted as follows: The Financial Ombudsman Service Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR | Tel: 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9 123 | www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk | Privacy Notice | Terms Of Business