Specialist UK Nail Technician Insurance

Treatment risk and public liability insurance for nail technicians from just £35.00 per year

Quick & Flexible Nail Technician Insurance

Flexible and affordable insurance for freelance nail technicians, quote and buy cover online in under 3 minutes fully underwritten by RSA Insurance Group; who have been serving UK customers for over 300 years.

Our specialist nail insurance policy will cover you whenever and wherever you work, from mobile technicians working on a mobile basis, to your home, a nail bar, spa, hotel, salon or any other location.

Insurance cover for all types of nail treatments from manicuring, nail gels & extensions, all types of nail art and pedicuring.

Unlike other insurers, we can also offer massage cover as standard allowing hand, arm, foot and leg massages for qualified technicians at no extra cost.

What does Insync’s Nail Technician Insurance cover?

Our specialist insurance for freelance nail technicians has been carefully crafted to protect all your key business insurance risks.  The most common risks for a nail professional or manicurist are public liability and treatment risk.  Our Nail Technician policy can cover all your key insurance risks in one simple and affordable policy.  As well as public liability and treatment risk, your policy can be extended to include portable business equipment, legal expenses and money cover.

Nail technician filing nails

Need specialist Nail Technician
Insurance advice?

Speak to one of our nail technician insurance experts at a time that suits you...

or call us directly on

01200 309 516


  • Public Liability Insurance from £2m to £5m Indemnity

  • Products Liability Insurance included as standard

  • Treatment Risk Liability up to £1m as standard

  • Cover for Nail Technicians, Manicurists and Pedicurists including massage cover as standard

  • Self-employed or Sole Director of Limited Companies

  • Freelance and/or Mobile Nail Technicians

  • Work from any UK location (including full mobile cover)

  • Optional Teaching Insurance Extension

  • Optional Business Equipment Insurance Cover

  • Optional Legal Expenses Insurance

Why Insync for Beauty Salons

  • Online Nail Tech Insurance Quotes in less than 2 minutes

  • Instant cover 24/7 365 days a year

  • Flexible cover & monthly payments – just pay for the sections you need

  • Expert advice from Beauty and Nail Insurance specialists

  • All policies are underwritten by RSA Insurance Group

  • FREE Access to Insync Benefits and Perks – Average Savings of over £500 per year

What does Public Liability Insurance for a Nail Technician cover?

Public liability insurance protects your legal liability against injury or damage to third party property in connection with your business.  For example, if you inadvertently spill nail varnish on a customer’s carpet or Egyptian rug and it needs to be replaced.  Other typical public liability claims for manicurists, nail techs and pedicurists include someone tripping over your bag or a power cord and injuring themselves.  

What does Treatment Risk Insurance for a Nail Technician cover?

Treatment risk cover for a nail technician is an extension to the public liability insurance section which provides legal liability protection following injury or illness as a result of the nail treatments you are providing to a client.  For example, you receive a letter from a client’s solicitor stating that the client has suffered long term damage to their skin and nails following Shellac alleging that you did not complete the treatment correctly.  Even if you believe the allegation is false, defending a claim without adequate insurance can be expensive, not to mention the associated stress and worry.

How much is Nail Technician Insurance?

We developed our nail insurance policy to be comprehensive in terms of cover but also easy on your pocket and simple to quote and buy online in under 3 minutes.  Core cover for £2,000,000 Public Liability, including £1,000,000 Treatment Risk Insurance is just £35.00 per year*.

What level of Public Liability Insurance do I need?

Our advice is always to buy the highest level of cover you can afford; however it depends on your business and your client base.  If you work with high net worth individuals, you may choose to consider a higher limit than the standard £2,000,000.


Can you arrange cover for mobile nail technicians?

All Insync insurance policies for nail techs include cover for working in both premises and on a mobile basis as standard.  Similarly, if you include business equipment, the cover is arranged on an “All Risks” basis which means your equipment is covered at your home, business premises and/or when working from clients home or other location such as a wedding venue or even an event.

Does a Nail Technician need insurance by law?

Public liability is not a legal requirement, you could choose to cover the risk yourself and pay any potential claims for injury or damage to a client’s property or possessions from your savings.  However, with insurance cover for nail technicians starting from just £0.67p a week, it doesn’t make economic sense not to arrange protection. 

If you ever expand your business and choose to employ any staff, you will be required to arrange Employers Liability Insurance by law in case of an accident, injury or illness to an employee as a consequence of their employment with your business.

What qualifications do I need to arrange Nail Insurance?

Whilst many nail professionals will undertake NVQ training, or obtain a level 2 or 3 certificates in nail technology, our nail insurance is available to anyone suitably qualified and/or accredited allowing the majority of nail professionals to access cover.

How long before my renewal can I switch to Insync?

All quotations for nail professions can be purchased up to 30 days before your renewal date via our online system.  Simply select the preferred start date and your policy documents will be issued from this date.

Is cover for my business equipment includes in Nail Tech Insurance?

Business equipment and money cover can be added to your quotation/policy simply and easily with varying levels of cover from £1,500 to £5,000, with premiums starting from just £20.00 per year.

Can your insurance cover me to teach other nail technicians?

For experienced nail technicians with a training qualification, teaching others can become a lucrative business.  Our nail tech scheme can extend to cover teaching from just £0.67p per week for up to 20 students per class.

What is Products Liability and why would a Nail Tech need it?

Products Liability protects your legal liability from injury or illness to a third party following a product you have provided.  If you sell or provide products to clients it is advisable to obtain products liability insurance.  Popular products sold by nail bars and salons include nail files, fungus treatment products, heel treatments, cuticle oils and sparklers.  All of these products can add valuable additional revenue and your products liability is there to protect you from any injury, or alleged ailment brought against you. Fortunately, all Insync nail tech insurance policies provide Products Liability as standard.

Can you cover a Nail Bar or Nail Salon?

According to the Times newspaper, there is now over 30,000 nail salons in the UK, luckily, Insync can offer cover for both self-employed nail technicians and nail salons or nail bars.  If you run a nail salon you will need cover for your business contents and any improvements and decoration you have made to the premises.  Not to mention the cover for signage, shop front and as well as business interruption following a property damage claims such as a flood or fire to cover fixed expenses such as rent, business rates etc. 

Do I have to pay anything if I have a claim / What is the policy excess?

Should you be unfortunate enough to have to make a claim under the public liability section of your policy you would be liable for the first £250 for any property damage claim.  This is known as your policy excess.  No excess is payable for any third party injury claims made against you.  If you claim under the business equipment and/or money section of your policy you would be liable for the first £100 of your claim.

What to do now...

Insync Insurance Solutions Ltd
9 Albany Park, Cabot Lane
Poole, Dorset BH17 7BX

t. 01200 309516
e. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

© Insync Insurance Solutions Ltd 2020 All rights reserved. Insync Insurance Solutions Ltd is authorised & regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority where our reference number is 766691. Our registered office is Midland House, 2 Poole Road, Bournemouth, Dorset BH2 5QY and we are registered in England under company number 08810662. Should you have cause to complain, and you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you may be able to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service, which can be contacted as follows: The Financial Ombudsman Service Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR | Tel: 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9 123 | www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk | Privacy Notice | Terms Of Business